The Pink Ribbon Project and Balfour Beatty Communities at Fort Detrick are teaming up to sponsor a 5K Run/Walk to benefit the Hurwitz Breast Cancer Fund. The fund was established at Frederick Memorial Hospital in 1999 by Jeff and Patty Hurwitz after Patty’s diagnosis of breast cancer. Believing that early diagnosis was the key to Patty’s successful outcome, the goal of the fund has been to provide the most innovative options in early detection and treatment for breast cancer.
Proceeds from the Pink Ribbon 5K Run/Walk will help the Hurwitz Breast Cancer Fund continue the fight against breast cancer in our community. We hope you will consider inviting friends and family to be part of a team and join us for a day of fitness, fun and fundraising. All money raised stays right here in Frederick and there are no administration costs.
Pink Ribbon 5K details:
Saturday, October 8th
8:00 a.m. start from the Tally Rec Center in Baker Park
To register, please visit www.pinkribbonfrederick.org.
If you register before September 15th, registration is just $25 and you’re guaranteed a race t-shirt in the style of your choice (men’s cut or women’s cut). From September 15th through October 1st registration is $30. Registration will be available the morning of the run for $35.
Not a runner? Make a note to visit some of Frederick’s best downtown businesses October 8th. The following businesses have agreed to contribute a portion of their proceeds to our cause:
- Acacia (% of sales from pink food & beverage items)
- Brewer’s Alley (% of sales from pink food & beverage items)
- Isabella’s (% of sales from pink food & beverage items)
- Aspire (10% of sales)
- Ben & Jerry’s ($1 per sundae sold)
- Canal Bar & Grill (donation from sale of pink drinks)
- Griff’s Landing (donation from sale of pink drinks)
- Hunting Creek Outfitters (% of sales and in-store discount)
- Flights of Fancy (10% of sales)
- Footlights (10% of sales on pink items)
- La Paz (% of sales from pink food & beverage items)
- ZeBop (30% off selected items with 20% of the proceeds donated)
We hope you’ll be able to join us for this awareness- and fund-raising event benefiting the greater Frederick community. With your support, we’ll continue our efforts to improve early detection and treatment of breast cancer.