This is the final edition of the Construction Update for 2012.
Over the past year, FMH has made a diligent effort to keep our neighbors and community informed about the progress of the construction that has been taking place on the hospital campus. We’ve included both photos and verbal descriptions of the construction and renovations taking place on the second and fourth floors of the hospital, and on the campus grounds to prepare for the addition to the parking garage. We hope that you have found these posts informative.
The Park Avenue access to the garage is complete and the paving of Emma Smith Drive is scheduled to be completed before the end of the month. Moving forward, construction will be confined to the parking garage. There simply won’t be enough new information to
warrant a bi-monthly post. As we enter 2013, we’ll be offering these construction updates once a month.
Here’s a recap of what we’ve accomplished to date:
- Established new patient unit on the second floor of the hospital
- Renovated one fourth-floor wing
- Moved helipad to the hospital roof
- Connected Park Avenue gas line to the hospital line
- Established a new garage entrance from Park Avenue
- Installed a new underground storm water management system
By the end of this month, we hope to have Emma Smith Drive paved and ready for traffic.
In January, we plan to:
- Close the access on the east side of the garage (will be closed for the duration of the project)
- Close all public access to the parking garage (patients and visitors will have access to surface lots and valet parking only)
- Open the Emma Smith Drive access to the garage to employees and the Park Avenue entrance to 250 card-holders and valet drivers
- Expand valet service to both the main entrance and the patient discharge doors