Frederick-area residents will have two opportunities to learn about integrative medicine next month. First, Dr. Andrew Weil – who many consider the founder of integrative medicine – will speak as part of the Frederick Speaker Series Thursday, March 14th at the Weinberg Center for the Arts.
Just two days later, on March 16th, the Frederick Community College Conference Center will be home to the area’s third Holistic Family Health Conference.
“We are thrilled that internationally-known expert Dr. Andrew Weil will be in Frederick and that the Holistic Family Health Conference will allow us to continue the discussion with local and regional experts,” Lisa Ausherman, co-chair of the conference planning committee, said.
The conference offers two registration options. Participants can register for the conference for $49 or can choose an $89 registration option that includes the conference fee and a reserved orchestra seat to hear Dr. Weil on at the Weinberg Center for the Arts. Both options are available online at www.frederick.edu/holistichealth.
The conference, sponsored by the Ausherman Family Foundation, The Common Market and Frederick Community College, includes 15 sessions to choose from on a variety of topics related to holistic and complementary health practices.
- Acupuncture and Energetic Allergy Elimination, Beth G. Owens, Dipl. Ac., L. Ac.
- Ayurveda: Food is Medicine, Susan Weis-Bohlen
- Ayurvedic Daily Rituals for Perfect Health, Susan Weis-Bohlen
- Chinese Medicine: An Integrative Treatment for Thyroid Conditions, Ryan Diener, L.Ac., Dipl. CH, MSOM
- Developing A Toolkit for Stress Relief & Prevention, Dorcas Quynn McWilliams, E-RYT 500
- Edible Landscapes with a Healthy Twist, Michael Judd
- It’s Nothing Personal; Mother Nature Just Doesn’t Like you Anymore!, Jeanne O’Connell, MD
- Making Food Make Sense: Creating a Nourishment Roadmap, Amanda Archibald, RD
- Meditation & Pranayama (Breathing) Made Easy, Kristina Molinari, RYT-500
- More Joy, Less Pain: Enhancing Life Every Day, Cynthia Wilcox, Ph.D.
- Mood, Memory and Metabolism: Naturopathic Approaches to Optimal Health, Steven Sinclair, ND
- Navigating the Gluten Free Highway…A Chef and a Dietitian Join Forces, Chef Jerree Atkins & Fran Hawes, RD, LDN
- Nourishing the Future, a Holistic Approach to Improving Children’s Health, Mimi McLaughlin Galanis, DC
- Yoga for Your Constitution (Dosha), Erin Sprague, Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist, RYT 200
- Your Gut Feelings, Martha Calihan, MD
“Each year we find that there is a real hunger for information from strong, credible holistic practitioners,” said Susan Kleinhanzl, co-chair of the conference planning committee. “There is so much information and misinformation about what holistic or complementary offerings are available, and we want to simplify that information for participants. The conference is an opportunity to focus on building healthier families and lifestyles.”
For more information, visit the registration website at www.frederick.edu/holistichealth, or call Frederick Community College at 301.846.2431.